Simresults is a website and so called results log viewer, parser,
converter, analyzer and reader for most of your
This website allows you to upload your sim race log files and
transform them to a readable format. The results will be saved and
public, so you can share them with your fellow racers.
An example result can be found for
Simresults supports a wide range of games. It is designed to support
more games in the future (if they produce log files).
The core of Simresults is open-sourced software licensed under the
ISC license and
The project is created and maintained by
Maurice van der Star.
Thread for discussion is located at RF2 forums, AC forums and PC forums.
Please consider donating to cover hosting costs and any future development.
The site contains advertisements to cover a small portion of the costs.
Simresults is open for advertising partners, please contact me.
- rFactor 2
- Project Cars
- Assetto Corsa
- Game Stock Car 2012
- Game Stock Car 2013
- Game Stock Car Extreme
- Formula Truck 2013
- RACE 07
- GT Legends
- RaceRoom Racing Experience
- BMW M3 Challenge
- F1 challenge 99-02
The following expansions of RACE (07) should work too:
- Race: Caterham expansion
- GTR Evolution
- Crowne Plaza
- STCC - The Game
- STCC 2 - The Game
- RACE On
- Raceroom - The Game
- Raceroom - The Game 2
- Formula Raceroom
- GT Power
- WTCC 2010
- Race Injection
- Volvo - The Game
Please note that Game Stock Car and Formula Truck will be reported as
as a rFactor game.
Results from F1 challenge and GTR might miss laps because they're
missing in the files.
- Can read out a full session consisting of the following information: Game,
Server, Settings, Track, Participants/Drivers including swaps, Vehicle,
Compound choice, Chats, Laps/Sectors, Fuel usage,
Penalties and Incidents
- Export results to a CSV sheet
- Split results by vehicle class
Log file locations
The log files can be found on different paths:
rFactor 2 client
Documents -> rFactor2 -> UserData -> Log -> Results
rFactor / Automobilista / GSC
Assetto Corsa server JSON (recommended!)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Dedicated Server\server\results
Assetto Corsa server (recommended!)
Start your server using:
`acserver.exe > output.txt 2> output.err`
If you want clean results without practice results in between, restart your server before your event starts (backup any previous logs before overwriting!!!).
Assetto Corsa client
Documents -> Assetto Corsa -> out -> race_out.json
This file will be overridden for each game session.
Project CARS 2 server
Change "event: true" in sms_stat_config. You also need to modify some code in sms_stats.lua.
More info on this thread at project cars forum.
Project CARS server (recommended!)
More info about this file at the project cars forum UserGuide.pdf.
Project CARS server (unofficial, old method)
Old method of getting results was using the tool
that generates a log file through the Project Cars API that Simresults
RaceRoom Racing Experience server
Other clients (GSC, RaceRoom, RACE 07, GTR, etc)
Make sure you set this in your PLR profile file:
. This makes sure you actually get proper results.
Tech features (core library)
- Ability to support more sim games in the future (if they produce log files)
- Offers methods to get specific data, e.g. `getBestLap()` and
- Offers a Helper class to sort laps by time and format times to human readable
- Detects and fixes position data (sometimes rFactor log files report complete
wrong positions due to lag/bugs)
- Detects human and AI drivers using their aids (sometimes rFactor log files
report wrong driver state)
- Caches heavy methods like `getLapsSortedBySector(<int>)`. This is very
useful with endurance results that have 200+ laps
- The API is unittested
can be found at GitHub
Known issues rFactor 2 XML's
- Sometimes complete drivers are missing from the results. If this happens, try getting someone else's result XML file and find the proper one. It can be frustrating, because sometimes other XML files have other drivers missing.
- Sometimes drivers have no finish status, missing their lap, but they finished and have proper position mark. Don't be suprised when the winner is missing laps.
Issues below are fixed by the Simresults library.
- Sometimes drivers have position 105 on laps. Proper position is found using previous data.
- Sometimes drivers are marked position 1 while they are not. This is fixed using finish times.
- Sometimes positions are really messed up, like position 1 fully missing. Drivers will be ranked using lap data.